These pancakes just make me so happy...Well all pancakes just make me so happy! It's pretty much like eating dessert for breakfast but socially acceptable. Win/win! However, these pancakes bring in the elements of: color, shape, and festivity. That's what I like to call a win/win/win my friends!
-Pancake batter (pick your family's favorite)
-Gel food coloring
-Griddle or fry pan
-Butter to grease
-5 Squirt bottles (I picked mine up at Family Dollar)
-Knife (Sometimes the batter would spread out from under the egg shape so I used I knife to cut the pancake back into an egg shape)
1. Separate your pancake batter evenly amongst your squirt bottles.
2. Add gel food color to the squirt bottles. Place the cap on top and shake. Keep adding food coloring until you have reached your desired color for each bottle.
3. Turn your griddle up to 350 degrees or your frying pan to medium heat.
4. Grease your griddle.
5. Take a squirt bottle and squeeze out some batter in the shape of an egg. Fill in the shape and add a contrasting color as a design to the top (you will only have a design on one side).
6. Cook the pancake until bubbles form on the surface then flip.
7. Cook the other side of the pancake just until it is set.
8. If the batter runs out of the "egg" shape you created feel free to trim off the access.
9. Repeat until you have a whole "basketful" of "eggs!"
10. Eat and ENJOY!